Skip to main content

I Want Me a Chinaman

Well not really, that would be the weak second consolation prize when they Celtics don't get one of the top 2 picks, aka Oden or Durant. But when the Celtics nab the third pick in the draft I think they have to go with the kid from China Yi Jianlian. So what if his birth certificate is as accurate as Danny Almonte's, he's still probably only 22. He looks like he's above average athletically, and he's 7 feet tall with a jump shot. From the video's I've seen on YouTube and the ESPN insider article, it appears that he's got some quickness. He certainly will need to bulk up and get tougher much like how Yao still needs to do so, but his potential is better than anyone else in the draft past the immaculate 2.

Perhaps the kid is the next Darko, perhaps he's the next Dirk, if the Celtics land number 3 or number 4 I think they should make the gamble. He does wear my number so that definitely gets him some solid bonus points in my book. And if he continues to wear the number on the C's him and big Al could make the 7 Eleven pair, talk about marketing potential around the globe.



Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.