Skip to main content

NFL Draft Thoughts Part I

I ain't Mel Kiper. Here's some quick takes on the draft.

AFC EAST

NY Jets -Not as fun as the MANGOOOOLLLDDD explosion last year but the Jets did address some pressing needs at Inside Linebacker next to Vilma and the most needed position of Cornerback, too bad I've never watched Darrelle Revis play and would only be able to pick him out of a crowd at a Country Concert.

New England - It's so much fun to cheer for a team that plays in the same division as the Patriots. Oh wait no. I don't get why anyone is saying this Randy Moss trade could possibly be bad. They gave up nothing for someone who potentially be a stud. The only concerns I have are with Billy B. is he thug life now? Pickin up Moss and two Hurricanes woah? Is he gonna start appearing in rap videos? They did select CCSU and New Britain legend Justise Hairston though.

Miami Dolphins - Hooray for the rest of the division. Miami is very bad at drafting in the first round. Ted Ginn, one of my two bust to bes gets drafted Pick 9 by the Dolphins. Yes Let's waste a 1st round pick on Dante Hall. Woo, very smart Cam Cameron.

Buffalo Bills -Speaking of bust picks, my other bust choice was Marshawn Lynch, apparently the Bills nor Dolphins listened to me. Here's the best part about Lynch, he's not Willis McGahee who stomped the Jets every game including the lame game I went to. Congrats Buffalo. Although Paul Posluszny is a cool fit for the Bills.

NFC EAST

NY Giants -Giants probably could have used some OL depth so Eli doesn't land on his backside every play once one of their lineman gets injured, but they went with Ross in the 1st round, and you can't really complain much about that considering their secondary, especially Demps and the Band-Aid man sucked last year. Also Steve Smith could be a good value pick there, but they didn't use Sinorice Moss at all last year, and they have too many guys to throw the ball to. Not sure where he fits.

Dallas Cowboys - I haven't heard of a single player the Cowboys drafted. That tells me I A) Didn't care that much about the draft and B)Have no idea how the Cowboys did and C)Am guessing not so good.

Philadelphia Eagles - Don't the Eagles already have about 4 backup QBs? Why the hell do they need another one? Why do teams not realize that drafting a QB on a contender is quite possibly the dumbest thing you can do. The Jets most likely got two guys to start on their defense. The Eagles drafted a guy they hope doesn't play a down this season. Woo.

Washington Redskins - One pick = not a good draft. I do like Landry but don't they already have Sean Taylor? Aren't they a little too similar to work together manning the secondary? Who plays free who plays strong? Or do they move Taylor to Linebacker? They should have traded this pick down to get more value out of their draft then just one guy. Although HB Blades could be a steal in the later rounds, and who knows if Carson Palmer's brother will amount to anything or if he got drafted on name value alone.

AFC NORTH

Cincinnati Bengals -I typically love Michigan guys more then limbs on my body, but there's something about Leon Hall that always screamed overrated to me. Perhaps it was the complete lack of interceptions, or the dominating performance of the Buckeyes and Trojan offenses over the vaunted wolverine defense. In addition I don't get the drafting of Kenny Irons with their second pick, Rudy Johnson is a solid back, and Chris Perry, a former 1st rounder, when healthy is more than a serviceable backup. I think the Bungals just didn't want thugs.

Baltimore Ravens - Pretty humorous when the only two people you know from a teams draft is their last two rounders, one being Troy Smith the other being a Wolverine, Prescott Burgess. Thus I got no idea how they did either.

Pittsburgh Steelers -The Steelers transitioning to a 4-3 doesn't quite make sense to me but I did nail who they were going to select in Timmons even though I know almost nothing about him. They also picked Woodley, who I personally would have thought was a perfect fit as an OLB in a 3-4 defense do to being a little undersized, but he could turn out to be an effective pass rusher for the Steelers.

Cleveland Browns - While I think Brady Quinn was good value at 22, does this mean that they have completely given up on Charlie Frye? Didn't they use a high pick on him two years ago? And they jump ship already after an injury riddled season... um ok. Drafting Thomas was probably a smart decision, I just personally though Adrian Peterson was too good to pass up there, if they could have had a combo of Peterson, Edwards and the Soldier set up for the future.

NFC NORTH

Green Bay -Can't say I know much about the many many picks the Packers had other than the Nebraska running back Brandon Jackson who could help fill the void of the departed, Nerbaska running back Ahman Green.

Minnesota -Adrian Peterson is the steal of the draft. He stays healthy his career and he's in the Hall of Fame. I just don't foresee that Taverus, a poor man's Mike Vick, turning out to be anything very good in the future and probably think that they more than the Browns should have attempted to jump up in the draft to get Quinn.

Detroit Lions -Yes another year of Jon Kitna running the ship in Detroit, now that's a genius move by Matt Millen. Calvin Johnson is a pimp, but Kitna? Ugh. They do have Shelton legend Orlovsky waiting in the wings or Drew Stanton who stupidly grew up a Lions fan and is happy to be in Detroit. Idiot.

Chicago Bears - I'm not a big fan of the kid Olsen, but atleast this year unlike last year they drafted some offense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.