Skip to main content

One month Plus down and a 1,1,4

So the fantasy season is one plus down and I just want to run down my fantasy league performances thus far. Currently I am in first in 2 leagues and 4th in my keeper league.

1st Place, Buddies from School

Hitting Hero: Vlad Guerrero, My second round pick has been lights out this season.

Pitching Hero: CC Fatassia, 5 Ws a low 3s era and plenty of innings and Ks.

Best Hitting Draft Pick: Ian Kinsler, who started off the season red hot, has cooled down a lot but still his first month production was through the roof.

Best Pitching Draft Pick: Ted Lilly, I got made fun of for drafting Lilly by the kid who drafted Kei Igawa in the same round.

Worst Hitting Draft Pick: Conor Jackson, he missed a ton of time and did absolutely nothing for me and was dumped at the start of last week for the Flyin Hawaiian.

Worst Pitching Draft Pick: Erik Bedard, he should turn it around but that 5.63 era is gruesome.

1st Place, Buddies from Home

Hitting Hero: Jose Reyes, had a difficult decision to make at the #2 pick but with Reyes I think I made the right choice, almost 20 steals already really helps.

Pitching Hero: Josh Beckett, decided to go with him over Matt Cain, and it has worked out as Beckett has been the best pitcher in all of the AL if not all of baseball so far this season.

Best Hitting Draft Pick: BJ Upton, well I didn't draft him, but I picked him up in the opening weeks and he's been studly.

Best Pitching Draft Pick: Josh Beckett, it's a shallow league so I didn't end up with any deep sleeper picks that have worked out, Beckett for the round I got him in and the output was definately the best pick thus far.

Worst Hitting Draft Pick: JD Drew, I shook my head when I made that pick, don't know what I was thinking, but he's off my roster now.

Worst Pitching Draft Pick: Adam Wainwright, he hasn't transition into the starting rotation quite as well as I would have hoped.

4th Place, Big Money Keeper League

Hitting Hero: Jimmy Rollins, One of my keepers has arguably been the MVP in the NL with solid power numbers and SBs progressively coming as well.

Pitching Hero: CC Fatassia, Again the fat ass has been excellent for me. Especially in this league with innings being a category, he's a horse power by a lot of fat cells.

Best Hitting Draft Pick: Adrian Gonzalez, Gonzo is emerging as a top fantasy 1B and I am glad that I dropped a mid round pick on him.

Best Pitching Draft Pick: Rich Hill, Richard was selected in part because Capuano went a few picks before me, I can tell you that I am very glad to have Richard on my roster.

Worst Hitting Draft Pick: Kevin Kouzmanoff, he barely has more hits this season than me. Worse yet, because I traded Zimmerman in the offseason for the pick I used to draft the Kouz, I pulled away from picking up Upton, whoops. Currently he's still on the roster but my boy Andy Laroche just got called up and could soon take his roster spot away.

Worst Pitching Draft Pick: Jorge Julio, wow Jorge Julio sucked, he was off my roster within two weeks, but I am currently floating there with Frasor as my closer and he hasn't been terrific either.

Comments

JoeyP from DC said…
Hey Simon- nice articles- I have a sports blog also:
http://joeypfromdc.blogspot.com
I write on sports, mostly dc sports, it looks like you write a lot of stuff on new york which is good. Maybe we can link up, I'd like to add your link to my site, and you can add mine to yours. I tried to log onto blogrolling and add my site, but I don't really understand it. Just let me know if you want to link up..

Joey P

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.